Metal fabrication is something that many industries need. Let’s go over the type of custom metal fabrication Manitoba that exists and go over the advantages associated with metal fabrication over plastic fabrication.
Metal and plastic fabrication covers a wide range of different manufacturing processes. Here are a few of the most common fabrication processes that apply to both types of materials:
- Welding – When you join to pieces of material using high heat, this is called welding. This can be very helpful when you need to connect to pieces together to provide strength, support, and a seamed surface area.
- Machining – Sometimes you need to create a part from scratch, and this is where machining comes in. This process involved milling, drilling, honing, and lathing to get a piece of material that will work on the machine or equipment you are using.
- Forming – This process involves using hydraulic presses to bend, mold and form material to a specific angle or shape.
- Cutting – Using band saws and other cutting torches, material can be cut to free it from existing structures, or to help it to fit around new fittings.
Advantages of Metal Fabrication
The type of metal that you use to fabricate with can make a big difference based on the application it is being used for. Some of the most common metals used in fabrication include magnesium, iron, aluminum, copper, nickel, and steel. Each of these material types have different grades which denote strength and pliability.
- Heat Resistance – Unlike plastic, metal has a much higher tolerance for heat, which can make it the ideal material to provide more strength with odd angles.
- Strength – Metal is stronger than plastic, so if you need a material that can take a beating for longer between replacements, metal is probably right for you.
- Cost-Effective – Metal is usually cheaper to work with than plastic, so it can help out your wallet.